Sunday, July 20, 2008

It has been a while since I have posted, but I have been quite busy! I have been working on rephotographing photos for my jewelry shop, in addition to making bracelets and earrings (at the encouragement of my friend Tara!). I also reorganized almost every supply I own (paper, fabric, beads, etc. etc. etc.) and moved furniture around in my apartment.

And in the last week or so, I have realized that I must do the dreaded: raise prices. My thumbtacks really just aren't priced to cover my costs and my time. I am currently researching some other supply options that would allow me to keep my prices what they are now, but in the meantime I do need to raise them a smidge. I really am dreading doing it, partially because it will take a loooooong time (my goal is to get it done in an hour) and partially because I am afraid it will hurt sales. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do -- I have to value my time.

No comments: