Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Back from "Vacation"

Phew. Isn't vacation supposed to be relaxing? We drove home to visit my mom, then to a wedding, and back here to Louisville. I think all the driving wore me out!

Despite the driving, we did get to visit some of my favorite places. We went to the Cleveland Natural History Museum one morning. My favorite part is the gems section, of course. The dinosaurs are also fascinating, and I forgot that there was a section in the back with live animals from the region. The raccoon were surprisingly endearing! Later in the afternoon we went to the botanical gardens, which I absolutely love. Someday I would love to create a similar oasis here in Louisville. Here are a few of my favorite photos of the gardens:











































I have spent the last two days trying to finish up orders placed during my break. The orders are all ready, but I still need to pack and ship them. There is a sea of thumbtacks and magnets on my table -- I tried to take a photo, but it didn't turn out very well. I always feel like I have accomplished a lot when I see that sea of thumbtacks looking up at me!

Tomorrow I am headed off to the Cincinnati Zoo with one of my best friends and her son. I can't wait!

No comments: