Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Front Page!


















I was on the front page this morning! I had a tough time getting a screen shot of the whole treasury, but I got close. I think it has to do with my screen size.

Anyway, I did a whole lot of NOTHING today. Let's see... I started to try to clean out some stuff, but realized I was out of trash bags. So, I went to Target. On the way, I stopped at Borders and I was inspired by a magazine to try to organize my colored pencils and markers by color. After Target, I went to Hobby Lobby to try to find the perfect containers. No luck. Came home, sorted markers and pencils to get a better idea of the size containers I would need, and went back out to find them. Garden Ridge, Michaels... No luck. I must be insanely picky. In the end, I saved money because I replaced the containers I store my bangles, flower pins, and make-up brushes, and used those containers to put the pens an pencils in. Not quite what I wanted, but the pots are the right shade of blue (really I was looking for white or glass) to match the other storage bins on my bookshelves, so it will work. Plus, it was free :)

I tried to do some more organizing/cleaning, but it was dinner time. Then, I remembered I have my cousin's wedding to attend next weekend, and I don't really have anything to wear over my strapless dress (I'm a firm believer in layers). I wore it to a wedding last fall, but I really didn't think the sweater that I wore matched. So, off I went in search of the perfect cardigan-thingy to wear over the dress. I found something I sort of liked at Gap, but I wasn't sure it would look good with the dress. And, silly me, I didn't bring the dress with me. I went home, ate dessert, grabbed the dress, and drove to the closer Gap to see if it would work. I think it will -- I wanted to get the ivory-almost-white color, but it was too sheer in my opinion, so I got the medium brown color (I'm sure there is a better name for it, but I can't think of what it would be -- it is a medium grayish brown color).

I know none of this has anything to do with my shop, which is the point I guess. I got so distracted today, I didn't get squat done! I have high hopes for tomorrow, though... I might get up and walk in the morning, if those cicadas aren't too bad.

No comments: