Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Random Brainstorm

While driving home this evening, I was thinking about my stash of gift wrap. As much as I adore all the lovely wrapping paper prints out there -- I know it is truly wasteful. Gift bags are better, because they can be reused... But still, I'm not a huge fan.

So, I am on a quest to create several different kinds of reusable fabric gift wrap. I'm thinking about bags with a ribbon tie to close (similar to those I am wrapping purchases in, but with a patterned fabric outside). I'm also thinking about a large sheet of fabric that you can wrap around a boxy item, and secure it somehow (ribbon, again?). It would be nice to line the inside of each, however I think that using a patterned fabric would add to the cost, and effectively to the price. Perhaps something soft, like flannel? That way if the item is somewhat fragile, it offers a bit of protection, at least from getting scratched.

Anyway, just a late (well, late for me!) night brainstorm. I'll be thinking it over more as I go to bed!

No comments: