Sunday, February 8, 2009

Confession: Jelly Beans

When I was a kid, I hated jellybeans -- those big, pastel jellybeans you got in your Easter basket every year. Ick, ick, ick. They had a really weird texture and the flavors weren't great either.

However, about a month ago I threw a baby shower for a friend who is having a boy. I searched out as many blue candies as I could find, and I bought two kinds of Jelly Belly jellybeans. One kind was sour grape -- a grey-purple-blue color. I ate one, and I was hooked! Jelly Bellies are completely different than those huge pastel jellybeans of my childhood. They have bold, juicy flavors and a smoother texture. Yum Yum!

*Reaches for another handful...*

Check back tomorrow for another weekly giveaway!

1 comment:

Dana Yoshimizu said...

haha, omg I'm the same way. I absolutely hate the Easter jelly beans, but am in love with Jelly Bellies.