Thursday, February 19, 2009

Organizing: Jewelry

I have too much jewelry to fit in your standard sized jewelry box. I also find that I wear my jewelry more if it is in view and easily accessible.

I store bracelets, necklaces with thin chains, and earrings in small white ceramic bowls. I actually have these bowls in a shallow drawer in my vanity most of the time, but I put them in this fabric tray to show how you could display them on top of a dresser. I group the items together by color or style -- this makes it easier to grab pieces that work well together when I am getting ready in the morning.

For bulkier necklaces, I use this tree from Ikea for display and storage. It is usually out on my vanity counter top. When the necklaces are in view all the time, I am more likely to wear them!

And now for some quick Etsy-love! This merry-go-round necklace is from Make Pie Not War. The gold earrings in the back are from the pebble collection. The bracelet is vintage -- I love the chipping on the enameled leaves, I think it gives it charm!

More Etsy-love! The feather earrings are my own design. The dime necklace is from sudlow. The patina wing is from Miss Fickle Media. The key is a vintage find!

No comments: